- The Village of Oak Harbor is located in the heart of Ottawa County, in northwest Ohio near the shores of Lake Erie. It is strategically located on the convergence of State Routes 19, 105 and 163. These routes provide smooth and efficient access to the Ohio Turnpike, Interstates 75, 80, 90 and 280 as well as US Routes 6, 23, 250 and 420. Major state routes that are easily accessible include 2, 51, 53, 579 and 795.
- Norfolk Southern Railway provides two primary rail lines able to serve Oak Harbor providing connections in all directions to major yards/ports in Toledo, Sandusky, Detroit, Chicago, Columbus, Cleveland and New York.
- Erie Ottawa International Airport (PCW) is located a mere 10 miles from Oak Harbor while Toledo Express (TOL), Toledo Executive Airport (TDZ) and Detroit Metro (DTW) are less than an hour drive from Oak Harbor.
- In addition to the programs listed below, Oak Harbor offers a variety of customized incentive programs tailored specifically for particular projects. We will work with your company to make Oak Harbor, Ohio your new home.
Community Reinvestment Area Program
- Oak Harbors’ CRA program is an economic development tool that provides real property tax exemptions for property owners who renovate or construct new buildings. This program offers eligible companies abatement on new real estate property taxes for up to 15 years at a 100% exemption.
Municipal Utility Services
- The Village of Oak Harbor is one of the few municipalities in the state of Ohio that operates its own water, sewer and electric systems. As a result, Oak Harbor is able to offer a high level of service and reliability at a competitive rate for our customers.
- Natural gas, refuse and recycling, and fiber optic connectivity is available through several vendors at a very competitive cost as well.
Local and State ED Programs